Ash is a remote diagnostics testing company that is reimagining the future of at-home care. Our platform allows for plug-n-play optionality so that providers can choose what services they need to enhance their own offering. We strongly believe healthcare should be accessible and inclusive to everybody. However, the current testing landscape falls short of that goal. Ash’s at-home testing kits are designed to bridge the gap and focus on increasing access to remote diagnostics through providers who bill insurance.
Ash is seeking a seasoned healthcare executive to serve as a Director of Payor Strategy & Business Development to lead this initiative and build a payor organization. In this role, you will be responsible for both driving the strategy and execution for how Ash should engage and build innovative relationships with a broad range of players in the payor space, ranging from PBMs to insurers and self-insured employers, to HSA providers, as well as leading outreach and negotiation of contracting. You will use your extensive payor network to connect and work with partners to understand how Ash can both integrate with and revolutionize traditional payor business models. You will work closely with the VPs who run each business unit to build outside-the-box ideas for how payor relationships can enable broader reach and sustainable economics for their businesses. As the leader of our payor organization, you will be responsible for building a team that can source, close, and manage partnerships across the payor landscape, expanding access to a seamless and delightful healthcare experience.
The ideal candidate has experience within a leading payor, PBM, pharma or healthcare company. You are an expert networker and seasoned negotiator who is able to context-switch with ease and demonstrates a mastery of both the strategy and sales aspects of payor relations. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
This role reports to the CEO.
You’re the right person for this role, if you are:
- An established leader, with deep expertise in payor business models, contracting, and leading teams across multiple functions within the payor landscape
- Able to call upon an extensive network within the payor space to source and execute on partnerships
- Passionate about expanding access to healthcare by expanding coverage
- An innovator who can take our novel approach to healthcare and think through new payment models and partnerships that change the way care is paid for in this country
- A seasoned negotiator, able to get the best deals even when sitting across from significantly larger organizations
- A veteran manager, having successfully led multiple teams spanning a range of experience levels
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Relentlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
Some things you will work on:
- Develop innovative payor and business model strategies that enable Ash to expand access and build sustainable businesses across multiple therapeutic areas
- Leverage your network to source and lead business development processes with PBMs, payors, benefit consultants, health systems, etc
- Partner closely with VPs to identify how benefits expansion can widen the reach and performance of Ash's partner organizations
- Build and lead our payor organization, encompassing functions ranging from strategy to sales to implementation
You should have:
- 5-10 years of high-performance payor execution experience, working with or at a national payor, regional Blue, PBM, pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Extensive experience with negotiating and contracting in the payor space
- Deep knowledge of payor economics and business models, and how innovations such as telemedicine, disease management, and remote monitoring will impact the future of reimbursement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Ability to champion, lead, and mentor a team
- Passion for the Ash's mission of making healthcare more accessible and inclusive
Traction To Date
- Closed our seed financing round with institutional investors.
- Partners: Ash's most recent partners include a major hospital system, a national delivery company, and 5 telehealth partners.
- Capabilities: Ash offers 50+ at-home diagnostics including STIs, PrEP, hormone testing, and metabolic panels to name a few. We are the only at-home diagnostics solution capable of serving all 50 states.
What We Offer
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, providers, patients, payers, and the world
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems in making healthcare more accessible and inclusive. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.