About Ash Wellness:
Ash Wellness is a B2B company paving the way for more inclusive and accessible healthcare by helping clients launch and manage at-home diagnostics programs for their communities. Founded by a majority queer team to address barriers to healthcare, Ash Wellness has created a versatile solution that supports health systems, public health institutions, universities, pharmaceuticals, payers, wellness companies and more. Ash Wellness clients have access to a CLIA/CAP-certified lab network in all 50 states, white-label branding capabilities, and 150+ different at-home diagnostic tests.
As a fast-paced tech startup, we appreciate employees who can take ownership of projects, pivot easily, and iterate until they get it right. As healthcare enthusiasts, our employee culture prioritizes helping others—our clients, their patients, and each other!
About the Role:
Ash Wellness is looking for a customer support associate to help manage our customer and client support needs. This person will be responsible for maintaining our support desks, including addressing new tickets, checking on and promoting the progress of outstanding tickets and closing out resolved tickets, all in a timely manner. The customer support associate will work closely with our operations, lab and engineering teams to triage issues, both inbound and outbound, and will serve as the customer-facing representative. Our helpdesk also serves as a key source of data for Ash, informing us on customer feedback, issues, and trends. The customer support associate will play a key role in organizing this data into usable insights, acting as an advocate for our customers and helping to improve the Ash experience.
- Manage support inboxes. Open and close inbound tickets daily.
- Investigate and triage inquiries. Determine proper course of action and assign or escalate to team members as needed.
- Keep internal ticketing system tickets organized and up-to-date. Document ticket progress and follow up on unresolved issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Work closely with operations, lab and engineering teams to ensure kits and samples are able to successfully flow through the entire at-home testing process. Conduct customer outreach as needed to confirm or gather information.
- Update and maintain Resource Center. Create new resources to promote self-service among customers (guided videos, FAQs, one-pagers, etc.)
- Act as an advocate for our end-user. Distill interactions into succinct feedback for the product team and where appropriate, make recommendations for possible improvements.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on support tickets to identify growing trends and/or potential bugs
- Become a subject matter expert in Ash’s platform and products. Stay up-to-date on changes to our system that may impact customers.
- Serve as an Ash representative. Ensure all communications and interactions reflect Ash’s core values and promote inclusive, accessible, accessible for all people.
- 0-2 year experience, preferably in the healthcare industry or in a support role
- Ability to be in-person at our office in Manhattan
- Comfortable and competent in interfacing directly with patients and clients. Personable and enthusiastic, while maintaining professionalism and building trust.
- Ability to follow and maintain procedures diligently, especially documentation and escalation protocols.
- Strong written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Empathetic and thoughtful with a patient and health-first mindset.
- Problem-solver. Thinks through all possible solutions before jumping to conclusions.
- Willingness and ability to think beyond the immediate problem at hand to identify larger or more complex issues that may be affecting patients.
- Self-sufficient. Able to track their own outstanding tasks without direct supervision.
- Experience using and learning basic software and data tools (Ash-built systems, HelpScout, Zendesk, Google Suite, CRM,)
- Nimble workstyle with the ability to move between clients and projects seamlessly.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to join a mission driven team and play a crucial role in shaping the future of the company.
- Inclusive and transparent social culture. Challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback. We want to learn from every member of the team and bring fresh ideas to the table every day.
- Flexible working environment with hybrid office model, unlimited vacation time and company provided team lunches.
- Competitive pay, full health benefits (medical, dental, vision), stock options
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems in making healthcare more accessible and inclusive. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.